Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) and associated ISO 9001:2015 certification at Micro Nav.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the administration and maintenance of all Micro Nav QMS documentation to ensure that all Policies, Processes, local procedures and supporting documents are applied and timely annual reviews carried out.
- Manage QMS Non-Conformances to ensure that root causes are identified, the implementation of short-term fixes is timely and effective, and the resolution of long-term Corrective Action is verified and ultimately prevents the reoccurrence of the Non-Conformance.
- Manage the administration and maintenance of all QMS Change Proposals to ensure that all suggestions for improvement are considered and acted upon where appropriate.
- Mange the administration and maintenance of all QMS Deviations to ensure that the rationale behind the deviation is understood and required closure action is carried out in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the execution of the Company Internal Audit Schedule to include the preparation, execution and reporting of them, ensuring that key controls of the QMS processes are being adhered to and the co-ordination of the completion of corrective action resulting from audit findings is carried out.
- Manage the preparation and facilitation of external accreditation audits to include the scheduling of audit sessions, liaison with the accreditation company and auditor and provide support and advice to auditees.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of external audits on Approved Suppliers and reporting issues and recommendations to senior management.
- Responsible for the facilitation of process workshops to assist employees in their understanding of the quality requirements for the creation of new QMS documentation within their teams, as well as assisting them with regular document updates and administration of Change Proposals.
- Responsible for the completion of routine monthly reporting for senior management, updating company risk and opportunity registers as appropriate.
- Compile and present an Annual Quality Review to the Executive Team to highlight trends in data and provide recommendations for the continual improvement of the QMS.
- Provide input from the Quality function is to business activities, such as bidding, project reviews, obsolescence reviews, etc.
- Provide support and guidance on quality matters to the company as required and deliver quality inductions to all new employees.
- Previous experience of managing and working with Quality Management Systems.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Experience in carrying out internal and external audits including suppliers.
- Experience working on process improvement initiatives and facilitation of workshops.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Air Traffic Management, aviation industry, defence experience is desirable.
Education and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate, communicate, engage and influence cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Ability to self-motivate and operate with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational and administrative abilities.
- Confidence to challenge and highlight non-conformities.
- Proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to think practically and remain impartial.