Accountable to the Senior Sales Manager, for identifying and winning new business in the defined key geographic market. The role requires the development of existing customers, winning of planned opportunities and future business opportunities within the defined geography. You will be accountable for the opportunity management and for customer relationship management across the defined geography including the use of direct and indirect channels. Additionally, a sales plan and capture strategy to gain market share needs to be developed and communicated for approval and executed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The opportunity management of nominated strategic geography.
- Customer relations management across existing Micro Nav contracts within defined geography.
- Identification of new business opportunities with existing and new customers/clients.
- Developing and implementing campaign strategies that lead to the capture of new opportunities.
- Nurturing relationships with existing customers of Micro Nav products, with particular attention to early identification of customers’ future needs, building their confidence and trust in Micro Nav such that they embrace a partnering approach to contract management, and readily accept Micro Nav as a trusted advisor on developing solutions to future needs.
- Opportunity Management ensuring adherence to Micro Nav Sales & Marketing Policy and Procedures.
- Provide input to the Micro Nav 5-year plan (FYP) to help define “must win” opportunities and campaigns, as well as identifying gaps in capability and barriers to entry for competitors.
- Interaction with the Marketing function and Simulation Product Manager to ensure the marketing plan and product roadmap is consistent with the sales plan.
- Maintain CRM for all customers and opportunities within strategic geographic region weekly.
- Manage target price to win activities for all forecasted opportunities within defined geographic region.
- Manage the full sales lifecycle from enquiry to contract award for defined geographic region.
- Development of sales plan and strategy for key geographic region taking account of low cost competitors, teaming arrangements and regional clients.
- Assistance to the Senior Sales Manager for the production of the monthly forecast and annual budgets.
- Lead the weekly Sales Review of defined geographic market.
- Accountable for the order book within defined geographic region.
- Responsible for closing orders in accordance to the Micro Nav Sales process.
- Leadership and management: Be able to provide visible and supportive leadership, employing a collaborative style that empowers, motivates and develops team members, thus fostering a positive and creative working environment. Be able to work with the other members of the Micro Nav Sales & Marketing department to ensure the efficient and effective use of resource.
- Business skills: Possess a sound understanding of business processes, sales & marketing, and business winning. Be able to identify the correct priorities.
- Communication: Be persuasive and influential. Be naturally at ease, engaging with audiences large and small, and at levels from the ‘shop floor’ up to senior management. Ability to present to customers and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Vision: Be outcome/customer focussed, but with the vision, grasp of the ‘big picture’, and political acumen to ensure the correct response to top level business initiatives, while delivering the right results to clients within a time pressured environment.
- Analysis: Have strong analytical skillsand a creative approach to problem solving.
- Commercial: Sound understanding of Commercial contracts.
Educational Vocational Qualifications:
- Applicable tertiary qualifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge and use of Miller Heiman, Shipley or equivalent Sales best practice desirable.
- Proven track record in business development and closing orders.
- Strong capability in winning and renewing contracts in the defined key geographic region.
- Strong capability in developing and sustaining long and strong customer relationships.
- Experience of dealing with Government Department including good understanding of their procurement processes.
- Experience of working in international environments.
- Strong understanding of Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy and its adherence in managing regional clients.
- Delivery of the 12 month order intake book on time to meet the sales plan
- Winning forecasted orders, or winning alternative orders where forecasted orders have not been successful
- Support to the wider business in delivering sales.
- Timely production of the inputs to support the monthly forecasts, 5YP and annual budget processes.
- Improving year-on-year performance.
- Assist Senior Sales Manager to maintain high team morale.
If you feel you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com or by completing our online application form.