Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000 /year
We are looking to recruit a Software Team Leader to join our growing team.
The purpose of the role is to develop software and supporting documentation according to the requirements of both internal and external customer, using a team of Software Engineers to achieve this task where appropriate.
Key duties and responsibilities will be:
- Modify the company’s products to fulfil the requirements allocated as per the company’s procedures.
- Assess assigned work packages to identify the changes required and the best way to implement them.
- Provide a plan to implement requirements and be able to organise a team to meet the plan.
- Test the software produced to verify that any changes fulfil the requirements of the work package and that no other areas of the system have been detrimentally impacted by the changes.
- Review code, task estimates, designs, solutions etc produced by others, according to the company’s guidelines and your expert judgement.
- Drive code reviews.
- Produce or review high level designs & high-level solutions for other team members.
- Communicate effectively with other team members, other departments, and management.
- Communicate effectively with customers where required.
- Consider and suggest ways to help the company improve its procedures and processes.
- Be capable of organising (including task deadlines & task slippage), mentoring, reviewing, and approving other team members’ work.
- Gather, analyse and produce requirements both at a functional and software level.
- Analyse reported software issues, either internally or from customers.
- Appraise Senior Software Engineers and Software Engineers according to the company’s guidelines.
- Provide site support, installation and technical training for customers.
The technical requirements we are looking for:
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio C#, Borland C++ Builder, Agile, Scrum, Python, Automated Testing, Unit Testing and Air Traffic Control would be a distinct advantage.
- Competent in the use of 1 or more Integrated Development Environments.
- Understand version control and version control software.
- Familiarity with the Windows family of operating systems.
The education and experience we are looking for:
- Considerable proven experience in software development and team management at an appropriate level.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience of producing software as part of a team.
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle.
- Experience of a varied technical base.
- Experience of supervising other staff
We have a collaborative, open plan office with flexible start/finish times around core hours of 10am-4pm. We also offer:
- Free car parking
- Opportunities for overseas travel
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions with like-minded colleagues
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounted on-line shopping portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free refreshments
- Dress down Fridays
- Free freshly baked cakes from a local bakery on Fridays!
If you feel you have the skills and experience we are looking for then please apply now.