Key customer facing representative, with an ethos for high service quality and very positive end user satisfaction as a key driver in all aspects of the job.
Managing the successful delivery of a portfolio of assigned Customer Services contracts ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction whilst meeting all contractual requirements and fostering a positive and highly professional environment for Micro Nav’s aviation customers globally.
To be an expert in the operation /use of Micro Nav’s BEST Simulation Products and Services (Extensive Product Training will be provided as part of the induction process) and to provide day to day support to customers including provision of 1st line support for customer-raised faults.
Provision of extensive support to the Sales process and thereby play a key role in identifying opportunities and creating offers and thereby ensuring additional value is provided to Micro Nav’s customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading technical teams across the Micro Nav business (matrix management environment), including the effective management of sub-contractors /external service providers, to ensure all Micro Nav Customer Services are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with the warranty, support contracts and/or related SLAs. This will include:
- Conducting customer site visits to customer locations globally throughout the year.
- Completing the initial investigation (and where possible resolution) of customer-raised Product issues and to provide advice to Customers regarding the resolution of raised issues that are not assessed as being due to a fault.
- Assigning, investigating and progressing helpdesk tickets through to resolution in a timely manner and ensure that customers are kept informed on progress on a regular basis. This includes using (and updating on a day to day basis) the Micro Nav ticket management system (based on JIRA).
- Creating and maintaining adequate records for assigned customers services contracts, including but not limited to: Licence Status and Software, Hardware, 3rd party systems and Data Configuration. This includes using (and updating on a day to day basis) the Micro Nav Customer Services portal (based on SharePoint).
- Monitoring, reporting and ultimately improving the financial performance of the assigned support contracts. Responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date customer services revenue and cost forecasts and ensuring that all Micro Nav customer invoicing are completed in a timely fashion This includes using (and updating on a day to day basis) the Micro Nav project management system (based on CMAP).
- Managing Customer Support builds (Licences, Software, Hardware and Data) throughout their development lifecycle(s), this includes supervision of the build planning, release and deployment processes conducted within the Engineering teams.
- Providing customers with advice on the need for potential additional services including: Customer Support, Customer Training, On-site Support, Licences, Consultancy, Small Projects (Product Feature Enhancements or Simulator Expansion) and Major Projects (e.g. Simulator Hardware Refresh).
- In accordance with Micro Nav Approval Authorities, act in the role of sales or bid manager to promote and identify opportunities and to manage the creation of Customer Services related offers (for Simple Quotes including Support renewals) and to facilitate the associated contract acceptance.
- Liaise with Programmes to ensure correct and timely handover following project completion (or project phase completion).
- Support and drive extensive collaboration across Micro Nav to ensure knowledge is pooled and customer needs are systematically satisfied quickly and efficiently.
- Conduct Project Management for the delivery of smaller customer projects or business improvement projects where assigned by the Head of Customer Services.
- Comply with the requirements of the Micro Nav’s Quality Management System.
- Highly motivated to understand and meet customer needs with the ability to build and develop effective working relationships and a proven ability to positively influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication with an excellent standard of both written and verbal skills.
- Has (or can quickly gain with training) an in-depth knowledge of Micro Nav’s products including: BEST, IMAGINE, FAB, IG, INTERACT and Micro Nav’s Visual Display Systems including ADAS.
- Strong PC literacy and overall ICT skills including an appreciation of common hardware and software products. Familiarity with Windows based operating systems.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Must be able to travel to Customer sites globally.
- Knowledge of contract management in a customer services environment.
- Knowledge of opportunity management and proposal development.
Education and Experience
- Good standard of secondary education.
- Proven customer facing skills in a specialist /highly technical environment.
- Proven ability to deal efficiently with mixed-discipline internal departments and personnel at all levels.
- Experience of the software development life cycle.
- Proven ability to work with multiple, conflicting demands under time pressure.
- Experience of simulation systems and their uses.
- Experience/knowledge of ATC operations and training and general aviation.
- Experience of Project Management and /or Business Improvement