We are looking for Project Managers who enjoy getting things done to join the team. Candidates will need to be able to multi-task and work well with colleagues of all levels to ensure our customers receive first-class products and services. You will enjoy leading bids, helping to design solutions to meet the requirements of a global customer base, and project managing the delivery of winning solutions. The vacancies are available for candidates with a range of experience, from a post-graduate level post to a fully experienced and leading project manager level.
The successful application will be expected to:
- Work with internal departments and with personnel at all levels, to create winning technical and commercial bids that meet, and preferably exceed, the needs of our customers
- Liaise with the Sales Directorate to help manage the bid and negotiation phase, and to lead the discussions relating to the design and delivery of the solution
- Manage all project resources and deliver project results in line with customers’ financial and schedule requirements
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to ensure effective cross functional collaboration throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that project tracking information and reports are accurate and available when required, and are easily understood at all levels
- Implement project governance and control according to Micro Nav’s procedures and requirements
- Manage risks and issues to ensure that threats to the successful delivery of project objectives are removed or adequately controlled
- Identify and realise opportunities to exceed project objectives by improving customer value, financial performance, schedule and other project results
- Contribute to the development and success of Micro Nav by identifying and incorporating project insights into Micro Nav’s body of knowledge for the benefit of other projects and the wider business activities
The ideal applicant will be:
- A professional Project Manager with experience of building excellent customer relationships and delivering large scale projects, preferably with significant software development content, although candidates with lesser experience may also be considered, as training and mentoring will be available to ensure a fit within the team and Micro Nav ethos.
- Able to demonstrate a record of achieving project objectives through the delivery of outstanding customer value and the achievement of revenue, profit and schedule targets
- Able to use your exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills to promote effective team working with a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving and the achievement of project objectives
- A PRINCE2 practitioner or a professional member of the APM or PMI is desirable
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of Air Traffic Control is desirable
- Have experience of hands-on project management and on-site customer-facing activity; including installation of PC and networking hardware and PC system configuration.