We are inviting applications for the role of Software Team Leader, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. The Software Team Leader will be responsible for providing
technical leadership for software development work and line management of a small team of software engineers in addition to their own technical tasks. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills, strong software development skills and a passion for the on-time delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet all customer needs.
We will trust you to:
- Be responsible for the technical leadership of a team of software engineers to support development of the company’s
simulation products including:
- Assignment of tasks to team members
- Monitoring of task progress and reporting of progress, issues and risks to internal stakeholders including project and product managers
- Supporting the planning of software development activities including work breakdown, estimation, proposal of technical approaches and solution
- Ensuring that the work of the team is technically correct and meets the defined requirements
- Undertake software development activities including architectural, high-level & detailed designs, implementation of new features, bug fixes, testing of own work and that of the team prior to a handover to QA
- Perform peer reviews of software requirements, high-level and detailed designs, code changes as part of the development lifecycle
- Ensure own work and that of the team conforms to the company’s ISO9000-certified procedures
- Communicate with other technical teams, internal stakeholders, integration partners and end-users as required in the course of development activities
- Involvement in recruitment of technical staff
- Support the on-boarding of new recruits covering introductions to the product, architecture, code base and procedures
- Manage engineer performance and development through regular one-to-ones
- Support continuous improvement initiatives relating to the development process, development environment and tools used
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in software development at a senior technical level, ideally on MS Windows platform, with complex software systems
- Experience of team leadership including objective setting, appraisals, performance management, etc
- Understanding of software version control and version control software such as SVN or Git
- Familiarity with software change management and defect tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience of working within Agile/Scrum and waterfall development lifecycles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel in the UK and internationally to visit end-users and customers to support on-site integration
- Degree-level qualifications or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
An interest in, or knowledge of, aviation or air traffic control and experience of software development in these domains is desirable but not essential.
Minimum of three days a week in the office
If you have excellent team leadership skills and a passion for software development, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work on cutting-edge software projects. We are a collaborative and supportive team, and we offer a stimulating work environment. If you are looking for a chance to make a real impact on the quality of software products, we encourage you to apply.
Micro Nav Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.