|As Systems Engineering Team Leader, you will report to the Technical Director and be responsible for performing the day-to-day management of the Systems Engineering activities, processes, and resources within the Company on behalf of the Engineering team.
You will be required to provide input to and oversee the execution of the relevant elements of the Engineering plans to ensure successful project acceptance every time. The Systems Engineering Team Leader will continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Systems Team activities.
The Systems Engineering Team Leader will manage, monitor and control of all operational and strategic activities undertaken by the Systems Engineering Team including:
- Resourcing and task allocation for all Systems Team activities
- Producing specifications, the formulation of architecture, the approval of solutions and provision of technical guidance and subject matter expertise
- Keeping up to date with market and technological trends
- Supporting Sales and Marketing; primarily the provision of technical responses, compliancy responses and estimations
- Holding regular One to One reviews with team members to set objectives, manage development plans, monitor performance, and provide appropriate feedback
- Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System as it relates to the Systems Engineering processes
- Provision of sufficient ‘quality management information’ (i.e., KPIs) to allow oversight of the departmental activities, including measures of productivity, quality, and schedule adherence
- Driving a culture of continual improvement through lessons learnt and business best practice
- Identification and resolution of capability or knowledge gaps within the overall team skill set/knowledgebase
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree level or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering discipline
- Experience/knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, processes, methods, and tools; including requirements engineering and solution architecting
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Deriving requirements on system components, to fulfil the customer requirements
- Preparing detailed requirements specifications to control the development and testing of software
- Experience/knowledge of ATC/ATM environment
- Experience/knowledge of complete Software Development Lifecycle. Both Agile and Waterfall
- Strong in the use of MS Office tools and good overall IT skills and appreciation of common hardware and software products
- Understanding of requirements management tools
- Experience of software application development; lifecycle, processes, and management
- Able to travel overseas
- Relevant managerial experience
- Experience/knowledge of ATC operations and training and general aviation
- Familiarity with the ISO 9001 and TickIT quality standards and their application
- Experience of dealing with internal departments of mixed disciplines and personnel at all levels
Minimum of three days in the office.
Micro Nav Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.